We all have our favorite foods. Maybe it’s some that your mother made when you were a kid or a dish at your favorite restaurant. And of course…a dessert to follow it up with! But what if it was the last thing you were ever going to eat? Now that I think about it – I’m not 100% sure exactly what I’d choose. If you can’t make up your mind either – here’s a list of what some famous killers had for their last meals:
- John Wayne Gacy – Gacy murdered 33 young men and boys (that were found). His last meal was a bucket of KFC (original recipe), 12 fried shrimp, french fries, and a pound of strawberries.
- Ronnie Lee Gardner – Gardner killed a man during a 1984 robbery in Oklahoma. Then when he was on his way to trial for it, he killed an attorney while trying to escape. He was put to death in 2010 (By firing squad!!). He had lobster tail, steak, vanilla ice cream, and apple pie. And he watched The Lord of The Rings trilogy while he ate.
- Timothy McVeigh a/k/a The Oklahoma City Bomber – He was sentenced to death for killing 163 people when he bombed a federal building. He ate two pints of mint chocolate chip ice cream.
- Peter Kürten a/k/a The Vampire of Düsseldorf – He was sentenced to death for killing 9 people in Germany. His last meal was Weiner Schnitzel, fried potatoes, and a bottle of white wine. He died by guillotine on July 12, 1931
- Ricky Ray Rector – Rector killed four people in Arkansas and was put to death in 1992. He requested steak, fried chicken, pecan pie, and cherry Kool-Aid. He didn’t eat the pie because he said he was saving it for later.
- Aileen Wournos – After being convicted of killing seven men, Wournos refused a last meal and just had a cup of black coffee. She was put to death on October 9, 2002.
- Richard Cooey – Cooey was sentenced to death for murdering two college girls in Ohio. His last meal consisted of four fried eggs, hash browns, toast with butter, bone steak, onion rings, french fries, some bear claw pastries, a bucket of rocky road ice cream, and a bottle of Mountain Dew. He didn’t finish it all until midnight. He was executed on October 14, 2008.
- Ted Bundy – Bundy was found guilty of at least 30 murders and a whole host of other charges. He was put to death on January 24, 1989. He didn’t ask for a specific meal, so the prison gave him eggs over-easy, steak, hash browns, toast with butter and jelly, juice, and milk.
- Allen Lee Davis – Davis killed three people in Florida. He was put to death on July 8, 1999. His last meal was a half-pound of fried clams, a lobster tail, six ounces of fried clams, half a loaf of garlic bread, fried potatoes, and a thirty-two ounce bottle of A&W root beer
- Stephen Anderson – Anderson was executed on January 29, 2002. He was convicted of one count of murder. His last meal was two grilled cheese sandwiches, hominy with corn, cottage cheese, radishes, pecan pie, and chocolate chip cream.
- Fritz Haarmann a/k/a The Vampire of Hanover – Haarmann was convicted in Germany of killing 24 boys, but he claims the body count is much more. All he wanted for his last meal was a cup of coffee and a cigar. He was executed on April 15, 1925, by guillotine.
- Victor Feguer – He was hanged on March 15, 1963, after being convinced of murder. For his last meal, he requested one olive with a pit.
There you have it, folks. This isn’t a complete list, just a taste (pun intended). Have you decided on what you would eat yet?