Wanna Go Shopping?
Hello my friends. Fall is finally here! Are you ready for the spooky season? As usual, we’ve been shopping again. We’ve already hit up Spirit, Michael’s, Target, Big Lots, Home Goods, and At Home. Rumor has it that there are a few other stores in the area that have stuff out, and we’re stalking a few others. However, as you know, Scary Matter loves supporting small businesses, and we’ve been trolling the internet too. If you’re still looking for Halloween decorations, or some new home decor – here are a few stores that we think you’ll love shopping at:
- VampireFreaks – No, Vampire Freaks isn’t a vampire website. It is however a great family-owned gothic shop in Pennsylvania. They have clothes, accessories, and home decor. Feeling a little emo? Full-on goth or steampunk? Vampire Freaks got you covered. Definitely worth checking out.
- DeadGoatCompany – Do you have enough severed body parts laying around your house? No? Neither do I! That’s why I was so happy to find the DeadGoatCompany on Etsy. Fingers, toes, hands, feet, and few other parts in between. And they look good enough to eat!
- KillKnifeStudios – “Horror. True Crime. Macabre.” These are a few of my favorite things. I took that directly from their Etsy shop. There is some serious engraving and woodcarving going on in that shop. Plaques, keychains, little tin boxes, and more. I bet you can all find something that you want.
- Lord Grimley’s Manor – Holy crap! Wait until you see this stuff! Latex Halloween masks, props, effects, animatronics, and more. I’m drooling!! And I know a few friends of mine are too. If you’re as obsessed with horror and Halloween as we are – you’re gonna love this site!
- SpookyShades – This store is very cool! I haven’t seen anything like it before. The shop for the most part sells horror-themed lampshades, and they’re wonderful. Imagine turning on your lamp and having Nosferatu looking at you? They have some great coasters to go along with them too.
- QueenOfHavoc – You’re gonna love this stuff! Coffin-shaped trays, trinket boxes, tee shirts, and more. Everything is decorated with horror characters or something horror related. She’s got talent and you should check it out!
The last year and a half have been hard on all of us, but small businesses had an especially tough time. So many of them had to close and the rest have seen their sales drop drastically. Now that things are slowly starting to pick up, let’s get the spooky small business community up and running! So go do some shopping and show them some love. There’s a lot more than just decorations and costumes out there! Let us know what you get.